Meet The Team
Graduated from Glasgow University 1998 with a BSc Hons in Sports Medicine and Glasgow Caledonian University in 2003 with an MSC in Physiotherapy (Pre-reg). Worked in the NHS 2003-2013 gaining invaluable experience and knowledge in: Musculoskeletal outpatients, Orthopaedics, Stroke Rehabilitation, Medicine for the Elderly (specializing in falls prevention and Parkinson clinic) and Paediatrics.
She established ‘Blairgowrie Physiotherapy & Sports Injury Clinic’ in 2009 with Carla being the sole clinician, and she resigned from NHS in 2013 to concentrate on the business.
2020 Carla started ‘Revive Online Physio’ to reach out to those people in pain but unable to attend face to face appointments within a clinical setting… this may be due to ill health, child care or work issues, or those living in a rural environment.
Since returning to work after the pandemic temporarily closed ‘Blairgowrie Physiotherapy & Sports Injury Clinic Ltd’, the business has been rebranded and ‘Revive Physiotherapy and Wellbeing’ has been born.
Carla is a highly experienced reputable Physiotherapist, her breadth of knowledge enables her to offer a huge range of specialist treatments to treat a variety of problems in most areas of the body, and to people of all ages.
She has a keen interest in working in sport. She worked with multi-national elite shooters within the athletes village at the Glasgow 2014 commonwealth games. She has worked with the national Scottish hockey team at under 16 level accompanying them on their tours to Northern Europe, but reluctantly had to decline the offer of a permanent post with them. She spent some of the summer in 2013 working with the senior Scottish Ladies Hockey team to help prepare them for their European matches. This involved pre- and post-match physiotherapy and pitchside first aid.
She has gained work experience working alongside Physiotherapists treating national and international athletes within the Edinburgh Rugby club and the Tayside Institute of Sport. This has undoubtedly enriched her knowledge of treating sports injuries and recognising the demands of sport on the body and sports profiling (golf, swimming, hockey and rugby) and sports specific rehabilitation.
Despite a busy Professional Career, Carla has raised and supported the upbringing of 3 wonderful children. She has also achieved personal success winning Road running and Hill running races, Biathlons, 3rd place in Mountain Marathons. She is a qualified Ski Patroller and this has taken her to work in Scotland and also New Zealand. Over the years she has tried to help her local community by volunteering as: a Parent helper in Primary School, she has had active roles on committees such as Junior Rugby Clubs and as Chair of the local Community Council.
- 2021 rebranded Blairgowrie Physiotherapy & Sports Injury Clinic to ‘Revive Physiotherapy and Wellbeing’.
- 2020- Created new company ‘Revive Online Physio’
- 2017- 2020 Promoted to Physiotherapy Manager and Clinic Director, within this time grew the Physiotherapy business to employ other Health professional services: Audiology, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Expanded to two new locations in Aberfeldy and Dunkeld.
- 2017- Gained qualification in accredited Advanced Sport Trauma Course- LUBAS
- 2016 – Running Gait Analysis Course· 2015- Road Bike Fit for Physiotherapists Course
- 2015- Bought commercial premises, renovated and created a custom-built Physiotherapy Clinic to accommodate not only Physiotherapy but also Sports Massage Therapy, Pilates and Yoga, Cycling analysis/bike fit, Podiatry
- 2014 – Physiotherapist for elite shooters at Commonwealth games.
- 2014- Certificate in Spinal manual therapy through Manual concepts. 8 day course for a variety of conditions for the spine including arthritis and disc problems.
- 2013 – Work with the national Scottish hockey teams
- 2013 – Received prestigious invite to Queens Garden Party at Holyrood- anonymous patient nomination.
- 2012 – 2014 – work experience and mentorship with Edinburgh Rugby and Sports Institute Scotland
- 2010 – Completed the 4 McKenzie Mechanical Diagnosis and therapy courses. This specializes on logical assessment and treatment of the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine. It works particularly well for disc related pathology and dysfunctions.
- 2009 – 2019 – Strathmore Rugby Club Lead Physiotherapist and Physio Manager
- 2009- Started Blairgowrie Physiotherapy & Sports Injury Clinic Ltd
- 2009 – Postgraduate diploma Orthopaedic Medicine (Middlesex uni) – qualified to assess and treat cervical, thoracic, lumbar spine and sacroiliac (pelvic) conditions as well as the peripheral joints (knees, shoulders, elbows, ankles etc).
- 2009 – Post grad diploma Injection therapy (Middlesex uni)- Qualified to treat musculoskeletal complaints with the use of cortico-steroid injection
- 2006 -Post graduate qualification to practice Acupuncture. A useful tool in the management of pain and there is robust scientific evidence to support the use of acupuncture in a variety of conditions.
- 2005 -2012 -Sports taping
- 2003-2014 – Post- graduate courses/conferences and in services for hips/groin, shoulders, knees etc.
- 2003 – Qualified with an MSc Physiotherapy (pre-reg) from Glasgow Caledonian University.
- 1998 – BSc Hons in Sports Medicine from Glasgow University
Jana is a Chartered Physiotherapist and Pilates Instructor. She graduated with a Bachelors degree in 2013 in the Czech republic. She then worked in a Military hospital where she gained invaluable experience throughout different departments and saw patients in different stages of illnesses, post injury and post-operative recovery.
After her daughter was born, she moved to Scotland with her Scottish husband and in 2019, she joined the team at Blairgowrie Physiotherapy and Sports Injury Clinic.
Since qualifying, she has finished various Post Graduate courses to extend her skills in treating people suffering from neck and back pain, Muscle and Joint Injuries and Sports Injuries. She has Pitch Side First Aid qualifications and has finished her training with the APPI – Australian Physiotherapy and Pilates Institution to improve her knowledge with Pilates. She has completed further training for a credentialed Sports massage qualification. In the recent years she developed an interest in women’s health physiotherapy and completed several courses covering common women’s health issues.
- 2013 – Bachelors degree in Physiotherapy from Masaryk University, Brno, Czech republic.
- 2014 – Kinesiotaping course
- 2014 – 2015 – Neurac method which is treatment that aims to restore functional and pain-free movement patterns through high levels of neuromuscular stimulation
- 2019 – The National Sports First Aid Course
- 2019 – Mulligan Manual Therapy Concept. This course covered the Mulligan approach to manual therapy for the lumbar spine and sacroiliac joint as well as for the lower extremity.
- 2019 – 2021 – Pilates Matwork courses which allowed me to teach Pilates classes.
- 2020 – Sports Massage course which has been very helpful in treating both general public and athletes.
- 2020 – Shoulder – steps to success course with Jo Gibson which deepened my knowledge in how to assess and treat various shoulder conditions.
- 2020 – Intro to Women’s Health. A course providing further information about treating common women’s health issues such as incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse, pelvic girdle pain, and diastasis recti.
- 2021 – C-section masterclass
- 2021 – Plantar Heel Pain course providing me with the newest research findings, and recommendation how to treat Plantar Fasciitis in the most effective way.
In her free time she enjoys swimming, hillwalking, cardio and strength workouts, playing the piano, tending to her garden and chasing after her young children.
Gillian graduated in 1995 from Heriot Watt University with a BA(Hons) Combined degree in Business Organisation and Economics and then completed a Post Graduate Diploma in IT at Paisley University.
Once graduated, she started her career in IT in the call centre industry, primarily with HP UK.
In 2009, Gillian took a career break to focus on raising her 3 children.
In 2016, Gillian returned to work in 2016, with work varying from event and catering planning to private aviation.
In 2020, Gillian joined the team at Blairgowrie Physiotherapy Ltd as Practice Administrator.
Outside of work, being a church minister’s wife and raising 3 children keeps her busy!